According to the Fourth Edition of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, in order to diagnose an individual of having opium addiction, he or she must meet the following criteria:
1. Demonstrating excessive or incorrect use of opium.
2. Being preoccupied with getting or using opium.
3. Having an increased or decreased tolerance for opium.
4. Having trouble stopping or reducing your drug use once you start using opium, or stopping the use of opium for a while, only to begin using opium again.
5. Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you stop or reduce your use of opium.
6. Continuing to use opium even though it causes problems in your life.
7. Giving up important activities or losing relationships because of opium.
One should meet three of the seven criteria to be diagnosed of having an opium addiction.
The physiology of an individual is one of the major evidences of opium addiction. There should also be repeated problems as a result from the use of opium.
There is a maladaptive pattern on the use of opium that leads to at least three or more of the following:
1. The body’s tolerance on opium as defined by either
a. The necessity for a markedly increased quantity of opium to achieve the effect the user desires
b. A markedly reduced effect of opium as a result of the prolonged use of the same amount of the substance
2. There is withdrawal as apparent by either
a. The typical withdrawal syndrome for the substance opium
b. The similar or a highly related substance is taken in to relieve or distance from withdrawal symptoms
3. Opium is usually taken in larger amounts or it is taken over a longer period than was intended
4. There is a persistent desire or the effort of unsuccessfully stopping or controlling the use of opium
5. There is a huge deal of time spent in activities that are necessary to get hold of opium, use opium, or to recover from the effects of the drug
6. Activities that are important socially, occupationally, or recreationally are given up or trimmed down because of the use of opium
7. The using of opium is not stoppeddiscontinued despite having the knowledge of persistent or recurrent physical or psychological problems caused by the use of opium
Opium addiction is not so much different with any other kind of drug addiction. Like every kind of substance addiction, opium addiction also has a lot of many harmful consequences. These negative consequences consist of an extreme bad change in one’s behavior, slurring of one’s way of talking, lethargy or even coma, hallucinations or illusions, and attention and memory problems. As clearly observable, the drastic negative change in one’s behavior can often result to a chaos on the opium addicted individual and the people around him or her. It is a vital necessity that there should be done about this problem of opium addiction.
Opium rehab is the best thing to do on your problems of opium addiction. Behavioral treatments, cognitive treatments, and medical treatments are the major components that makes up opium rehab. Medical treatments work by way of using prescribed drugs in order to counteract the effects given of by opium. Suboxone or methadone are the main drugs that establishes this kind of counter effect. On the other hand, behavioral and cognitive treatments are often used in combination to successfully treat the addiction to opium. These often involve on encouraging an individual in ending the use of opium. It also entails the replacing of use of opium as a way to handle up the stress of life while teaching them new ways in coping up. In addition, the behavioral and cognitive treatment of opium rehab also changes the rewards that comes with the use of the substance and enhances support of one’s family in order to eradicate opium addiction.
Opium rehab is the best solution to recover from opium addiction.
I’m a good and health author and blogger with an interest in food, heartiness, and making every alternate count.
Life is an excursion. Constantly is another implicit chance to observe your equilibrium and deal with yourself. I ’m a thoughtful, diet-conscious lady who’s energetic with respects to participating good and health tips to help other people.