Substance that have addictive properties are quite numerous. However, these numerous substances have not been tried by most people. Also, people who have tried them, does not really abuse them or get dependent. The vulnerability to substance-related disorders matters and is seen as the reason for this. There are many theories to actually prove it.
Deficiencies on morality was seen as the reason as to why people get addicted to drugs and alcohol.. Not exerting control over one’s impulses, being weak, and being bad are the perception among drug and alcohol addicts. In the 1960S, this view has been replaced by the disease model of addiction. The disease model of addiction states that drug and alcohol addiction is an incurable physical disease just like epilepsy or diabetes. This model has been supported fairly by research on the genetics and biology of drug and alcohol addiction, but there clearly are social and psychological forces that make some people more prone to these disorders than are others. The vulnerability of an individual to substance abuse and dependence is increased by factors such as biological, social, and psychological.
When we talk about biological theories, it is one of the most prominent in the literature on substance- related disorders. This can be attributed to three reasons. First, there are many theorists that point the vulnerability to these disorders to genetics. Second, people who develop substance abuse or dependence may react in a different way physiologically to substances than those who become dependent or abusive. Third, some theorists have argued that drug and alcohol addiction really represents an underlying biological depression. These are drug and alcohol facts which may aid us to understand how it has rise in our lives and in our society. There are still many drug and alcohol facts to help and warn us against its effects. Let us try to know them one by one.
• Effects of addictive drugs can never be expected.
• Drug addiction can lead to death.
• Treatment for drug addiction can be a tedious and gruesome process.
• The production and selling of drugs are illegal in most countries.
• Every year, there is an increase of health problems that are alcohol related.
• There are different categorizations of addictive drugs.
• The major effects of alcohol are bad on most aspects.
• Alcohol serves as a depressant to the body.
• Alcohol has long term effects .
• A small amount of alcohol can have a great effect on an individual.
• Alcohol should never be consumed with medications.
• Alcohol can be passed genetically.
• The exact amount of how alcohol can affect the body is different for every individual.
• A person should never drink with an empty stomach.
• Removing alcohol from the household can lessen a family member to develop alcoholism.
• Alcohol can cause major damage to the liver.
• A person should eat before ingesting alcohol.
• Prolonged alcohol use can cause weight gain.
• According to several research studies, violence can likely happen when there is presence of alcohol use.
• As early as 11 years old, children are said by statistics to have tasted alcohol.
• Alcohol can be a poison to children.
Drug and alcohol facts should be known in order for people to think before ingesting them.
I’m an emotional well-being and actual health proficient who needs to help other people carry on with their best lives. My main goal is to enable you to make what you need, regardless of whether it’s not the same as your thought process.
I offer a comprehensive way to deal with mental and actual health. I’m a committed, merciful, and educated mentor with more than 18 years of involvement.